Courage may be needed to notice suffering, show support, and take action.
I will do my best to:
- Be public about my commitment to this pledge
- Support other community organizations with their efforts to heal divisions
- Take positive action that empowers someone whenever I feel an injustice is taking place
- Help when I see someone in harm’s way – be it verbal or physical abuse, neglect or other dangerous conditions.
For example, I can:
– Think ahead about how I might respond in the moment if I observe abuse or pending danger
– Alert authorities if I witness an injustice
– Offer a hand and stay with the victim of abuse until help arrives, if safe to do so
– Speak up so that injustice will not go unchallenged
If you are unable to log in, you can email us your name, town & state to be added manually to the pledge list. Please log in, if possible, as this site is 100%-volunteer run.