Each person is of equal importance to all others and each of our lives would be better if our community welcomed and protected all of our neighbors.
I will strive to:
- Recognize my own worth and treat all others as equals, with civility, courtesy and respect
- Remember that my neighbors are not my enemies, and that all members of my community are my neighbors
- Speak to people as though their lives matter
- Overcome the differences that seem to separate us and instead learn from each other
- Discourage jokes or remarks that assault another’s dignity
- Assume good intentions whenever possible
- Offer another way of looking at things when I want to promote a change of mind, remembering that each of my neighbors carries his or her own complicated story and life experience
- Be aware of what I’m communicating, verbally and non-verbally. (For example, my facial expression can show indifference, judgment, or acceptance.)
If you prefer not to log in, you can email us your name, town & state to be added manually to the pledge list.